Over and Over I've Dreamed of this Night

My mom asked me last night, "How come your blog ni, one day so chirpy and then next day so encouraging and then suddenly so dark?"

I replied, "Mummy, hidup ini bagaikan roda. Kadang2 kat atas, kadang2 kat bawah." At which point I burst out laughing. That ayat was stolen from Fini because she loves reciting it in the weirdest of contexts.

This IS a personal blog. If Dirah wears her heart on her sleeve, I wear mine on my blog. (lame).

Anyway, Omigod, I just saw some pictures from the Taste of Sydney festival. I would really love to go to these sort of events because I think it would be an awesome culinary experience. Sydney's food culture is something I'd thoroughly miss when I'm back home. (Although we DO have our own fabulous food culture). However, being a Muslim, it's a bit hard to indulge in all the samples because they're obviously NOT halal. I'm pretty sure I can get away with sampling some of the desserts and vegetarian or seafood stuff but come on! It would be SUCH a waste to not try the Wagyu Beef Bourguignonne’ with Truffled Cauliflower and Onion Rings or the Loin and Crumbed Belly of Lamb with Basil Mayonnaise and a tomato olive jus. It's okay if these events had free entry so I wouldn't feel so shortchanged but they don't. Or do they? Hmm...

But you know what? I think I'll just try going to the Good Food & Wine Show somewhere later this year. I know I'll never get that chance once I'm back in the Motherland. I should add it to MY bucket list. Who wants to join me? (I can hear Sab volunteering enthusiastically from here). And I shall quell the perceptions of not being able to enjoy the food/exhibitions just because I can't have meat/pork/alcohol.

Crud. Now I'm getting all excited way ahead of schedule. Hee Hee.

Oh and to those who are concerned, my appetite has returned. Probably due to the onset of my pre-period routine. And also the fact that my friends cook wonderful meals. :D

Labels: , , ,


@ Sunday, March 15, 2009 10:20 AM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * étoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree