I'll Take this Cali Sunrise with Me

What does it mean to have half your friends suffer from mental problems? No, I'm not trying to be funny. Most of us have been actually diagnosed by qualified professionals, be it counselors or GPs.

The two most common mental disorders among young adults are Anxiety Attacks and Depression. I do realise it's a bit hard to grasp and I'm sure some people think we're just being annoying or attention seeking by complaining about our problems and such. Unfortunately, this is serious business and it's REAL. It must be, since we get affected badly physiologically.

I don't know if all people our age go through it or it just so happens that my friends are burdened more than others. Is it the fact that we're away from home? Is it because uni here is too tough? Is it because we tend to take on too many additional responsibilites?

But whatever your problems, it's okay to seek help. To ask for guidance. For love. For understanding. I can give you ALL the hugs you need. I probably need it too. And remember, you're not alone in facing this and it will always get better. Where else is there to go, if not up, when you hit rock bottom? ;)

ps: on a side note, I keep picturing myself performing on stage with my pusher and my jedi master. We'd play all my fave powerpop/ pop punk songs. I'd be in summery outfits with flowers in my hair. Oh Bliss. :D
pps: top pick for this week = Jamie All Over by Mayday Parade. :)

Labels: , , ,


@ Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:57 PM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * étoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree