22 Candles

I had a pretty DARN good birthday, thank you very much! 12 hours of pure fun and happiness. :D

First stop was The Coogee Bite where I had brunch with Sindy, Dinesh, Andrew and Balqis. I had the heavenly Salmon Benedict. We then walked along the beach and enjoyed the scenery as tiny raindrops pelted our hair.

Second stop was The Australian Museum! Oh boy, all four of us managed to indulge our inner child as we stared in awe at all the fascinating displays. And God knows how much I enjoy having geeky conversations with 3 other science nerds. :P I honestly absolutely enjoyed myself at the museum on my birthday! :D Thanks you guys!

Stop 3.1 was at The Coffee Club where we let our tired feet rest and I nursed my sleepiness with an Iced Coffee. More random discussions about uncles and schools ensued.
Stop 3.2 was KFC for Wicked Wings. (I know, I'm such a glutton).
Stop 3.3 was Woolies for their dinner. (Don't worry, not mine).

I bade them farewell and headed off to Stop 4, Kinokuniya, where I killed time before the next destination. I found which hard copy comic book I want for my birthday! It's Neil Gaiman's Endless Nights. Even though I have the soft copy in my hard drive, I still want to have my own hard copy. I might just get it for myself before I leave Sydney. :)

Fifth stop was Glebe where I traversed up and down Glebe Point Road as I awaited the arrival of my compadres. Fini, Hawa, Anas, Jaih and I had a superb dinner at Al Mustafa restaurant. Oh my, I haven't had Lebanese food for ages and tonight's meal tantalised my tastebuds! We then had sweets and coffee with Kak Sha and Puan Lin.

The sixth and final stop was Hawa's house where I was presented with ANOTHER cake. I think soon I'll be having a sugar induced coma. The cake was luciously moist and the icing was absolutely delish! A++ for effort and taste! :D Thank you SO much! You guys are SOOO SWEET!

And when I got home, I spent a considerable amount of time thanking all the well wishers on my facebook page. Hehe. It's totally unbelievable that I got that many wall posts. Thanks again! Thanks also to EVERYONE else who called or messaged me. From the one who made her siblings serenade me, to the ones (there were MANY) who forgot what the time difference was.
Special thanks to Afir for being all excited with me and making sure I feel special. :D Also special thanks to Liz who wished me through all possible means from phone calls to fb wall posts. And also thanks to Jenny and Nanda for the awesome cupcakes!

I had an amazing day and this definitely beats the past 2 years hands down. I know now that I shouldn't expect anything on my birthdays unless I plan them myself. It's better to prepare yourself and ensure you have a good time rather than allow strict schedules or circumstances to restrict you from enjoying your birthday. So from now on, even if I'm stuck in the car and at someone's wedding in the middle of nowhere, or if I'm hanging around a highly humid airport waiting for my flight home, I can always make sure I do something to make my day special and happy. Just to make things worthwhile.

Labels: , , ,


@ Wednesday, December 24, 2008 1:51 AM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree