Attraversiamo

I am totally guilty of not studying or doing anything academic this past week.
However, this fact is extremely liberating and it somehow makes me feel happy.
*shuts ears and stops listening to voice that says I'm wasting time*

I think books are good food for the soul. It feeds your inner desires. It breaks your mundane repetitions. It opens your heart to bigger things, not just the ones you see in front of you now. It digs deep and exposes your fears into open air.

Sometimes I think I get so stressed out about things. Like how not being in Kelab UMNO will make me feel left out and sad. How I've let Erin and Mad down by bowing out. How I've lost out on opportunities to further cement my place in KUNSW history. And I also think how every moment spent not studying or not doing assignments is a moment lost. I wince every time I find Justin and Fini doing their reports. I get a sinking feeling in my gut as my friends discuss exam timetables.

Then I read a book. One which tells of a woman on her journey of self discovery. One which I'm suppose to give Mummy for Mother's Day. Whoops. :)
That coupled with what my friend said about life being too short to commit yourself to endless studying, made me shed all that guilt and allow myself to be happy and at peace with myself.
You know like how happy cows make more tender meat? Well, a happier Sheera would certainly (hopefully) produce better results. Oh and I'm also very carina when I'm happy. Hahaha.

I'm not saying I'm going to quit school. No. Far from it. I'm just making sure I don't push myself to a breaking point when I don't need to. It isn't exam time. I can still manage to finish my assignments on time if I pace myself. I know I can. And if I can do it with a smile on my face, then all the better. Aaaannnd, you people don't have to hear me whine about pms for long. :D

All this talk about 'being at peace' with oneself makes me sound old. Geez. I'm sure I'll be a tempest in the next month or so and I'd have to rediscover myself again. Oh well. Bring it on. :)

Labels: , ,


@ Friday, May 09, 2008 6:36 PM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree