Make me a glass of lemonade and draw the curtains.

Just now, I witnessed the most hilarious thing I've seen in weeks. A whole studio full of middle aged women were shaking their booty and screaming to David Cassidy. My GOD. Can you imagine your mom grinning like a starstruck teen and shaking hysterically as her heartthrob reaches out to shake her hand? I kept bursting out in laughter. It just seemed wrong. But they were having fun, much to the embarrassment of their children. Ha Ha.

Oh, and I managed to see the children from The Cosby Show. I SO love that series. That and Full House. Seeing the kids all grown up, listening to how Bill Cosby has inspired them and shown them good examples throughout the years was truly fascinating. Tempestt actually did a degree in Finance at NYU while she was filming the series because Bill saw how much she wanted it and managed to work around her schedule. Amazing.

And they discussed how Bill wanted to change people's perceptions about Black families living in the US. That there does exist an upper middle class Black family with successful parents who love their kids and raise them with discipline and love. He even went as far as putting up art done by Black artists portraying their people and it shows how proud he is of his own culture.

Now that made me a little humbler. I am proud of my country. My culture. My family. We eat at my grandma's house on most nights. We sit at the living room together and talk or just listen. My parents, grandparents and auntie (because she was there a lot too) raised me with as much love and discipline as the Cosbys and I'm very happy that they did.

ps: My mom DID have a HUGE CRUSH on David Cassidy when she was a teen. HA HA HAAA. Him and the Osmond brothers. And Michael Jackson pre-op. Seriously, David Cassidy in the 70s is enough to make ANY girl swoon. Sigh. Ok bye.

Labels: ,


@ Monday, March 31, 2008 2:09 PM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree