Mooching

Just a gentle reminder for those who like to mooch at their friends or relatives' place:

Do your own dishes.
Wash your own clothes, or at least your undies. Your ass doesn't smell like roses.
Clean up after yourself and make sure the place looks as tidy as it was when you first arrived.

Come on. I'd rather scoop a pile of dead cockroaches swimming in dark stagnant water than have a Tarago full of people sleepover at my house without pulling their weight.
Fact: I just did this today. Why? Because I cleaned up my host's bathroom and now it looks MUCH cleaner than when I arrived. Yes. I'm bragging because I hate it when people mess up my bathroom.

And dude, it never hurt to offer to pay for groceries AT LEAST ONCE during your stay. ESPECIALLY when you've got your whole family leeching off my friggin fridge.

Yes, I'm sorry if this is a bit emo. I know I've mooched before but I never let people wash my undies or eat truckloads of their food. Sometimes I cook and bake for them too using my own money. I also buy back treats for them when I go out. And I've even gone out of my way to do THEIR laundry for them a few times. I know I could do more but it's still better than not contributing at all.

And what do you do when you have a moocher? 
Forget to cook meals when you know you're not eating at home.
Don't go out of your way to please them.
Stick grocery receipts on the fridge door. At eye level. With Highlighted totals.
Leave notes to ask if they can help. Like "oh no! I forgot to wash the toilet today! Can you help me please? Thanks!". Sometimes moochers are willing to help if asked.

So there you go. Some tips for moochers and those being mooched. Hopefully, those leeches will grow a set of balls and stop being a nuisance to other people. Word.

Labels:


@ Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:13 PM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * étoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree