Sharing is Caring, No?

I remember reciting this line constantly to my friends till it pissed them off:

"Sorry, but I don't share".

That drew up many blank stares and raised eyebrows. I'm glad to report that I no longer harbour intense fear of catching liver disease from exchange of saliva through spoons and ice cream.

However, there are still a few things I don't share. Like my underwear (I don't think anyone WOULD want to share it though) and my boyfriend. I also selfishly like to hoard my rewards or new things I've discovered myself. Like MY portion of macarons cannot be touched by anyone else. Or that new hideaway I found will not be trampled on by other people.

One other thing I tend to be fiercely possessive about is secret events or places that I've only shared with certain people. It honestly tears me up inside when other people who don't understand the significance of said memories adopt it as their own or persuade me to allow them to join the ride. Especially if I've painstakingly took steps to keep it/them a secret.

I know it sounds really stupid and childish but I can't help myself. Sometimes I have to sit down and reassure myself that it isn't the end of the world. I repeat that some secrets are best shared like recipes for awesome cupcakes and I disregard all feelings of betrayal. And most times, those places and events discard their importance in my life.

I wonder if this post will make people understand me better or make them even more perplexed than they are now. Oh well.

Labels:


@ Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:01 PM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree