My mind is so Articulate

image from 101 Cookbooks

Right before she left, Eef served us these babies with some coffee. They're called Stroopwafels and I fell head over heels for them. Like seriously. This is my new obsession. Crispy waffles with caramel/toffee in between. Gloriously delish when warmed up in the toaster oven. Martina says we can get them at the Deli in Randwick. I read on google you can get it in Woolies. So if u see me there, please direct me to the Netherlands food aisle. Thanks. :)

I really am going to miss Eef. She sits right next to me in lab. She's nice although she can be a bit kiasu too sometimes. But I like her coz she's kinda cute. And coz she gave me cookies. :P She's been married for 3 years and she came here to do her phD for 4 months because her husband is here and she couldn't 'miss him for 6 months'. Awwww. She cycles everyday from Annandale to UNSW and vice versa. That's like cycling from Subang to SS2. I think. Haha.

I'm writing here because I'm trying to keep myself sane and positive.
You win some, you lose some.
You don't get ice cream with HC and Bapok but you get Stroopwafels from Eef.
You don't get bowling, MJ appreciation and Cranium but you get to eat Pad Thai and come home before 2am.

Meh. What a sour tradeoff. Oh except for the Stroopwafels. Those are the SHIZNIT. I'd eat them everyday if I could! Yummaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!! :D

Oh, and Anne is also leaving. She's going on a 6 months/1 year break. She's going to travel all over Australia and South America. JEALOUS! Haha. But I'm sure she deserves the break. Can't wait to do that too. I'm so taking a 6 month break after honorrea.

Ahh Stroopwafelsssss......wonder if they can get em in Germany..hmm. I just read a list of Dutch desserts and am drooling now.

Labels: ,


@ Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:19 AM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree