Pineapple Tarts

I'm Back! Yay! I got home late last night from my escapade with my sweetheart, Fatin. We had an Awesome Adventure touring around Melaka. Hee.

We managed to visit all the historical sights and play tourist by taking lots of photos and reading all the plaques they put up. We actually didn't plan anything before we left for Melaka so once we purchased a local map at the hotel, we sat down and figured out our course for the day. We did have some minor changes throughout the day due to circumstances, but because I had such an easygoing and awesome travel partner, everything went pretty smoothly.

Despite having everyone tell us that our destinations were always to far away and we needed to catch a cab, we proved them all wrong by walking all the way from Jalan Kubu, weaving through Jonker Street, winding our way up to St. Pauls Church, treading down to A Famosa and Dataran Pahlawan and eventually ending up at the Maritime Museum. And later on, we walked for an hour to the Portugese Settlement. Yes. In Malaysia's weather. Good thing the food was good and the people were nice. Thankfully the roads were not quiet and there were plenty of people walking around as well.

The next day was pretty much the same deal, with us traversing through Jalan Tan Cheng Lock and trudging all the way to the Eye On Melaka and back again to sample some Nyonya Food. Oh Lordy, I have to say, the Nyonya Laksa I had in Kocik Cafe (100, Jalan Tan Cheng Lock) is just scrumptious! Fatin helped me polish of the kuah. :P We then went to walk around Jonker Street once more and managed to secure a large cup of Nyonya Cendol piled high with shaved ice covered with thick sugar syrup and santan. Oh man, not only was it refreshing, it was delicious too! Fatin kept raving on about how it was the best cendol she ever tasted and at 3 ringgit a pop I think it was pretty worth it.

My only gripe is probably the reckless drivers in Melaka. Oh, and the fact that every man in the city would either honk, whistle, wave or smile at us everytime we walked past. Fatin said that if we were to get a ringgit for every time they did that, we'd be rich by now.

I really needed this trip, for all its randomness, spontaneity and company. It was a nice respite till I start honours. I mean, I'm on holidays, and that in itself is a great reprieve but I guess this is just one form of running away from the monotony of wasting my time at home.

Ok I'm off now! Thanks loads Fatin! You were AWESOME! :D

Labels: ,


@ Monday, February 02, 2009 3:24 PM

1 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree