Take a look at me so you can see how beautiful you are.

So I watched 'How To Look Good Naked'. This show on Ten hosted by Carson from Queer Eye. It focuses on re-educating women to have a more positive body image. I don't really know where to start. You see, I have this nagging thought in my head which says that not everyone agrees women who are bigger than normal should stay that way. I know some people who regard asses and tummies as freaks of nature. So how?

Okay fine. Disregarding stupid blind asswipes, lets look deep into my sappy heart and uncover what I really think of this show.

Of course, me being on the not so skinny side of perfect, agree with the whole purpose of this show. I'm just one of the many girls/women who have low self esteem when it comes to their bodies. Time and time again I have people tell me I'm just nice when all I see in my head is a huge overweight beast who has too much to pinch and is unattractive as hell. The women featured on the show all feel the same way. They aren't in the running for The Biggest Loser. They're realistically what you see on the streets everyday. Yet, they still think they're ugly.

Apparently its all psychological. Tell me something I don't know. Seriously though, telling women they look fabulous or that being a size 14 is normal is very excruciatingly hard. But Carson gets through them beautifully. Maybe coz he's gay. Hahaha.

I would just like to say that even though I still don't think I'm hot or beautiful or whatever adjectives boys can churn out, I'm slightly more at peace with my body than I used to be. Last year I dropped 5-6 kgs in 2 weeks. Sure it made me feel good about myself but then when I came back here, I gained it all again. It's just my body readjusting to the weather and the stress. And this year, I didn't even bother to shed it all, my weight has been stable and it hasn't gone up since. I don't mind. I know what I eat is healthy enough. I just need to exercise more. That's all. Haha. And thanks to Zek and May, I've learned to appreciate my curves more. These pants that used to make my ass look bigger, yea, they're one of my favourites now. Hear that? I love my butt. Too bad you couldn't appreciate it.

Sigh. I love being a cynical bitch. That's a warning for the big P. :D

Labels: ,


@ Monday, May 05, 2008 9:17 PM

4 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree