Chicken frankfuters setengah kilo pak! Makasih!

Ever had that feeling of liberation knowing that the only person you can rely on now is yourself? Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating. Let’s try that again. Ever felt good that for once you’re actually being independent and finally TRYING to act your age?

Yes well. This week I’ve just moved into Barker’s. It’s an apartment on campus. It’s not exactly Fantabulous, but it’s nice enough for me. After all the comfort of Malaysia Hall for the past 5-6 months, I was quite skeptical of my abilities to cope with my new surroundings. According to past experiences, I’m not emotionally stable when shoved into a new environment. I may look okay on the outside but when left alone I tend to think too much and I usually end up crying. Pathetic, I know. But that’s just me. Well. So far, I’ve been burning a hole in my pocket and bank account considering the stuff I have to buy to furnish a new room as well as cooking utensils and food. I just bought a book case today. Hawa and I had to lug it up the stairs ourselves. Whatta workout! Anyway, as I plan my shopping list (it gets longer by the day), I sort of have the feeling of independence I sought back in Malaysia. No more adults dictating what I should spend on. The clincher was when I had to stop by the butcher this afternoon. I was a bit frazzled by the different meat cuts but I got what I needed. The feeling I got as I walked back home can be likened to a little girl who dresses up in her mom’s heels and lipstick who can be seen pushing her teddy bear in a stroller around the playground. Yes. I am THAT delusional.

I suppose I am a bit too slow in experiencing all this. Most of you probably have felt this waaaaaaay earlier than me. But hey, at least I’m trying to be independent. At least I do my own laundry, I iron my clothes and I (try to) cook. I realize that I’ve learnt a lot in these past few months in Sydney. Trivial stuff to most people. But they work for me. Stuff involving softeners, microwaves and toilet bowl cleaners. Yes. There are some huge things that I have discovered as well, but let’s save that for another day okay? ;P

Ps: my nose stud came off during chem lab. I actually had tears in my eyes. Yea yea. Padan muka. :P.

Labels:


@ Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:57 PM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * étoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree