You're like Jordan's on a Saturday

Its hotter indoors. I have the huge urge to take a walk around my neighborhood. But the chances of a rapist or parang wielding maniac attacking me is pretty high. That or being chased by rabid dogs in heat. Gross.

I just finished reading Curtis Sittenfeld's The Man of My Dreams. I really should stop identifying with her characters. Its bad enough Hannah can't get a boyfriend. I'm so sucked into this book that I'm considering diagnosing myself with depression (i don't mean to be rude or insulting). But seriously, I love Sittenfeld's books. I've also read Prep. I know to some it's probably a far cry from the truth but sometimes I think I'm more like the protagonists in her novels than ones you find in pink covered chick lits. They're so impossible to be with because they themselves are determined to be impossible. They're inept at flirting and not obviously attractive. That's why they can't have normal relationships with guys. Muahahahaha.

Anyway...there are a few quotes from the book that I like but these two stick out the most:

"Why not assume from now on, until you have evidence to the contrary, that every man you meet finds you irresistible"

"...I wonder if they are the only three in the world: the man who is with you completely, the man who is with you but not with you, the man who will get as close to you as he can without ever becoming yours."
-Goddamit I BLOODY HATE the last one-

Okay, it's still bloody hot. But every time I turn on the AC I imagine the heat waves eroding the ozone layer. Yea, I know that it's weird and not even scientifically correct but I can't help it. So I resist. But since I don't live alone and questionable sleepwear is not an option I give in. Hahaha.

ps: Chris Brown is such a cutie pie. I can't believe I've sunk down to a fourteen year old's standards!


@ Monday, February 11, 2008 2:31 AM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree