delusional diuretics and detrimental diarrhoea

Firstly, if you feel a little squeamish reading literally dirty (as opposed to figuratively meaning sex maniac/kinky-ish) stuff, then please just skip this post. :D

I did a google search on the effects of diarrhoea and coffee and came out with fantabulous results.

Apparently coffee not only causes diarrhoea, constipation and dyspepsia, it also induces premenstrual syndrome. Now that explains ALOT. Especially when it comes to my mom. Ngeh ngeh ngeh.

The caffeine is thought to inhibit an enzyme in your small intestine that 'regulates mucosal secretions'. When the amount of secretions increase, so does the amount of fluid in your stool. (stool rhymes with tool. which is wat my brother is. but i suppose calling him stool is funny too). It is also a diuretic, which means it extracts the fluid from the gastrointestinal region and forces you to pee more. (which will then smell like coffee and which i find very fascinating. This also happens when you eat Rotiboy. :D). Therefore, the tag team of diuretics and diarrhoea inducer will produce a sure fire recipe for dehydration. You'll find yourself going to the toilet more often. Not good.

I will therefore, try very hard not to have anymore coffee (or god help me, milk) for the next few days. Although I'm secretly glad that my loss of appetite and fluids is leading to a shed of kilograms. Yea, I'm an idiot. But I'm also a girl who has thin friends.

Anyway, the diuretics are still working their magic. I'm off to pee.


@ Saturday, February 16, 2008 4:31 PM

9 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree