A thrilling chase, a wonderous place for you and me.

I heartily endorse a trip to Disneyland. It is thoroughly good for your soul. My parents watched in amusement as my inner child was released as I stepped through the gates. Everything brought back awesome memories of my childhood and throughout the day I was seen grinning like a 5 year old whenever a familiar song came on. And that would mean 95% of the time. :D

Hong Kong Disneyland is not as extravagant as its other counterparts. It had less attractions and rides and most of them had additions in Chinese. Nonetheless, they blended in alright and the whole 'Disney feel' was still maintained. Considering I've never been to any other Disneyland, this was good enough for me.

I enjoyed the whole park but the key highlights were 'The Festival of the Lion King' and 'Mickey's PhilharMagic'. I was bopping and swaying and singing along to EVERY tune! The latter showcased a couple of songs from all the movies in my era like 'A Whole New World', 'Be Our Guest', 'Part of Your World' and 'I Just Can't Wait to be King'. Gosh, was I excited. My brother kept turning to me and laughing at my elation.

I also had a very entertaining boat ride with the 'Jungle River Cruise' where our skipper was this cute girl with a thick Chinese accent. Sometimes it was hard discerning what she was saying but when we did, she was hilarious! Its good to see some people enjoying their work and making an effort to be nice and entertaining.

The day ended with a magnificent fireworks display at 8 pm from Sleeping Beauty's Castle. My goodness, it was just awe-inspiring. I could hear all the 'oohs' and 'aahs' from the crowd that night. It was just beautiful! They played them in time with some classic Disney songs like 'When you Wish Upon a Star' and 'I'll Make a Man Out of You'. The final song was 'A Whole New World' if I'm not mistaken. At this point I had tears in my eyes because I was SO overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness of the whole day. Dude, its DISNEYLAND! Nothing in the world can induce such nostalgia in such childish proportions.

Unbelievable sights, indescribable feeling.
Don't you dare close your eyes, Hold your breath it gets better.
Every turn a surprise, every moment red letter.

So there you go. The highlight of my trip.

ps: I want my street rat too.


@ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:06 AM

3 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree