Post number one-oh-oh.

I've found a new love. They're cream, worn looking Keds with red hearts and stripes. I can't stop staring at them. Hee. My new best friends. With these babies, I actually WANT to wear covered shoes on days without labs (which I reckon are pretty fun until you have to write reports, do experiments by yourself and have lab partners with superiority complexes as huge as hitler's)

Us girls talked about our interests and passions just now. Back when I was still in high school, I was always so fascinated by animals and the environment. I was even crowned the 'Tree-hugging Hippie' by my besties, complete with theme song. Pretty embarrassing. Honestly, it kinda brought down my self esteem but thats besides the point.
Anyway, it somehow seems to me that I've kind of pushed these childhood passions aside for what reasons I do not know. Maybe I'm less idealistic. Maybe I grew even more shallow by immersing myself in materialistic and superficial things like celebrity gossip and boys.
I used to be so happy spewing out random information about animals like: Polar Bears having black skin underneath their tiny, somewhat clear hairs; or that rhinos sometimes sweat blood in order to keep cool; or that the peregrine falcon is the fastest animal with dives clocking up to 300 or 400 kmph.

Right now, I keep thinking which shoes will look good with a minidress. Or how many calories would an average size muffin have. Or whether certain guys are good boyfriend material and whether I should get into a relationship now. *sigh*. I need to get back to my roots. Hopefully it'll stop me from sounding like having an average IQ of 10.

@ Friday, August 03, 2007 12:05 AM

8 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree