I dream of the Caldera and my Bapou. And which scones taste better...

I just watched Accepted. Its a great movie actually. The idea of having a college where you get to learn anything you want, have your own classes, be your own teacher or teach others, release your inner creativity and passion, is absolutely genius! Of course, I dont mean substituting this with the current education system. We do need our doctors and lawyers. But what about those who don't want to walk down that path? I know I want to get a proper degree but what about those who don't? I think stuff like this is great for them.

There were classes like meditation and building skateboarding ramps which btw incorporates physics and engineering. Hee hee....

It would be pretty cool to have summer classes with that sort of structure. If I had the chance, I would love to take a Food Tasting subject. Like how to be a food critique. You learn how to differentiate between different dishes or determine the criteria needed for the perfect meal. Like what makes a good tiramisu (is it how moist the sponge fingers are? Is it the ratio of Coffee to cream cheese?) or what merging of flavours work (Peanut Butter and Apples? Caramel and tuna??). I don't have to actually make the food myself, I can liase with the cooking course. Hey it helps them be better cooks!

Another thing I would like to do would be studying the whole mythology of mutants. God, that would be uber cool! How did they start, literature on them and whether they really are realistically possible. Whether it is possible in the future.

I can just imagine some of my friends enrolling in their prefered subjects. Or setting up and teaching their own courses. Zek and Arif can have their comic book classes. I can imagine Arif giving lectures about superheroes. Ngeh ngeh. Sunny has his bullshitting course with May as the star student. I think Hawa and Fini would fit right in with Karaoke-ing 1011. Erin and Jams can start a course on thinking way too much. Im sure I can be one of the guest lecturers. :P Mad can have a course where all people do is discuss about life. Maybe the girls and I can set up a 'how to be Gedik' course? ngeeeeheee..

Far out! What would you guys would like to learn???


ps: I miss my own Bee and Lena. That would be wild, unstoppable Elizah and shy and beautiful Faezah. Bloody travelling pants movie.

@ Friday, August 24, 2007 1:21 PM

9 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree