Week's Worth of Waiting

By Golly. It's already the last week of Ramadhan. Wow. Can't believe how fast time flies. Puasa has been pretty good so far. Alhamdulillah, no major dramas. Wait a minute. I started Ramadhan in the hospital. Oh well. Twas one of the many tests and in a weird way a blessing (coughSyazcough) from Allah.

I can't wait for Aidilfitri. :D. Just imagining all the food and the laughter and having a day off with my friends brings a huge smile to my face. I want Hawa's pineapple tarts. And May's brownies. And Jam's hugs. And Kak Long's sengal jokes. And Fini singing in the background every 5 minutes. Pergh. I can just imagine Radi dancin in tune wit Hawa n Fini as they go off at the karaoke set. I want to enjoy festivities with my other frens too. Erin. Yaya. Dirah. Paan. Is. Macha (fooyo..siap ada baju melayu tu..). Ariff. Shuk. Afiq. The list is endless kot. :D

But then it hits me. This is the FIRST time I won't be celebratin Raya with my family. You see, I have 2 versions of Raya.
Version 1.0 is me celebratin in Penang with my Mom's side of the family. Subversions 1.2 n 1.3 include me making ketupat the night before with Cik Mimi. The best time to hear family gossip thats totally unbiased. Muahahaha...Darn. This year I won't have that. :(. I won't get to sembahyang raya at the Gelugor Mosque and visit my granpa's grave to recite the Yasin. I won't get to go to Cik An's bbq in Alor Setar. I won't get to indulge in Ketupat and Cik Mimi's besterest rendang ever for each n every meal for three days straight. I won't get to listen to more gossip from my mom and her sisters (and perhaps a brother or two). I won't get teased by Pak Usu, Pak Ba n Mamak De while they smoke by the swings. *sigh*.
Version 2.0 is me celebratin Raya in KL with my granparents frm my dad's side. Its less festive n traditional. But we do get to sembahyang raya n attend open hses. My granparents' frens throw great open houses with fantabulous food. So we'd all cramp up in a car n head off touring round KL. Sumtimes Uncle Novry's family comes as well. And all the stupid jokes Mel, Auli, Ifan n Aqeem would make will have me in stitches the whole day. I won't have that this year either. No more Oma Sus's Soto. No more Oma Eli's ikan bakar. No more Oma Nining telling me how much Ive grown. No more of Oma's kue lapis legit, surabaya n cheese legit. No more having to drag Opa away from conversations that last too long with long time frens. Hehe. *double sigh*

I guess this year would bring about version 3.0. A new chapter where I celebrate Raya in a totally different environment with totally different people. I do hope its just as festive (perhaps even more) n I do hope I wont get too homesick or bawl my eyes out once the Takbir Raya starts (though I knw I probably would cry once it comes on).

Oh well. Selamat Hari Raya everyone. Maaf Zahir dan Batin. Hope u have a great time.

@ Monday, October 16, 2006 9:04 PM

8 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree