Wafts of the past

I had to dissect a rat in bio lab. Gag. The smell was putrid. My goodness. I think Im traumatised. I can still see the crap filled caecum and blood coated liver whenever I close my eyes. Fortunately these visions dont invade my mind when Im about to eat. Urgh. Thinkin of it makes me want to upchuck. Poor poor rat.

Anyway, I was making apple muffins today n when i measured out the cinnamon a thoughtwave hit me. I instantly had memories of my granma baking in the kitchen conjured up as soon as i took a whiff of the cinnamon. Funny isnt it? How your brain instantly opens up long forgotten memories when something simple like scents triggers it. Sometimes when i smell something, it can transport me back to a certain time or a certain memory. And sometimes I can remember whole situations, complete with who was there, what i was wearing and what i was doin. Then, depending on the memory, id either be all happy or all emo. Haha.

Its happened before. Like when I opened up this box of mini vials of body shop perfumes, each scent reminded me of a certain event. Aztique reminds me of loved up dates. Mint reminds me of Fatin n d hospital visits. Altaro reminds me of mom. Zinzibar reminds me of work. Actually they all remind me of the the last month I spent in Msia b4 I came here. Sweet memories and sad ones too.

Then theres totally random stuff like freshly cut grass which conjures up an image of my granpa with the lawn mower in the garden. Melting cheese brings about scenes at the dining table at my granmas. The salty smell of sea breeze reminds me of Ferenggi n my family lazing ard.

MAybe its just a way of showing me how much I miss these ppl. Owh. N i do miss my lovelies in the UK. :(. I want my liz n izzy. I need them. hmmm. K then. Enjoy the weekend peeps. Much love!

@ Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:30 AM

0 comments


Therapeutic Ramblings
A dash of Disney, a sprinkle of pop punk, lashings of sweet treats, a pinch of superheroes, bundles of laughter and a tinge of crankyness.
All wrapped up in a pretty package that resembles the Cookie Monster.
Also self proclaimed Princess of Le Cupcake Kingdom

Subscribe in a reader

Floats my Boat
People I love. Music. Sweet treats. Singing animals. Movies. Princes. Books. Fables. Hindustan Heroes.

Sinks my Ship
Rude people working in hospitality and sales. Long queues. Idiots CUTTING long queues. People who Patronise.

Wishlist
To finally figure out what I'm meant to do. To travel the world. To eat anything without gaining ungodly amounts of weight. To get my happily ever after. :)

Fellow Comrades
Arif
Asyi
Ayin
Azmir
Ba'ang
Christine
Dhirah
Dirah
Erin
Faezah
Faisal
Faiz
Hawa
Husna
Idzani
Izzati
Kristine
Liyana
May
Muhammad
Nadee
NAOMI
Neneq
Odd
Pasha
Reen
Sabrina
Shalini
Soraya
Sunny
Syaz
Tascha
Tasha
Yamud
Yani
Yaya
Zahirah
Zek

tagboard



Tweets
follow me on Twitter


Archives
credits
Thank you to * ├ętoile for such an awesome blogskin! :D
filante
icon: x_themixedtape background: darkdegree